Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

French Press

I am not a coffee drinker but this is an essential tool for my morning caffeine fix. I use the french press to press green tea leaves for my morning cup of tea. I wasn't sure if I can draw this at this stage but I thought I'd give it a try. The connections between already intricate mechanics were an unexpected challenge. I struggled through the process trying to get the proportions and the details right. It's still not right, but I have learned a lot in the process. First of all this drawing made me really look at the object and study every detail. I also learned it's easier to start with a loose sketch and move into the details. I had many re-dos to get the proportions improved and they still need work. This drawing is far from perfect, but I still consider the two and half hours spent on this drawing fruitful.

French Press - Pencil Drawing
French Press

No comments:

Post a Comment