Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Yellow Casserole Dish

The first drawing took me about one hour and half and I thought it would be an easy drawing. I had a most hard time trying to figure out the top angle of the dish. As you can see in the first drawing, I couldn't figure out the pointed angle of the top. I thought shading would create the look, but no matter how much I worked on the shading, the top remained flat. Finally I studied the photograph of the dish. I realized that when working from the photo it is much easier to decipher the outline of the object, than working from the live object in front of me. In the photograph I can clearly make out the outline of the top. Second drawing is a quick sketch done after studying the photograph.

Yellow Casserole Dish - First Pencil Drawing
Yellow Casserole Dish - Second Pencil Drawing
Yellow Casserole Dish


No comments:

Post a Comment